In this episode, Whitney interviews Neal Bawa, Founder and CEO, GroCapitus Investments. Neal’s current portfolio of 1,000 units is set to grow to 2,000 units over the next 12 months. Neal shares how you can leverage the power of technology and data to scout, acquire and manage syndicated properties. Which economic indicators should you analyze before syndicating a property? Neal shares his [20:30:40] rule for scouting properties with unlocked value. We also discuss the importance of active asset management in real estate syndication. Tune in to learn how you can run your business more efficiently.
How to Leverage the Power of Technology to Drive Efficiencies in Acquisition and Management of Syndicated Properties
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Neal to listeners
- [00:53] – Why did Neal transition to real estate syndication?
- [02:07] – Neal shares how his meetup group has grown to be one of the largest in US with nearly 4,000 members
- [03:05] – Abysmal use of technology pushed Neal towards the syndication business
- [04:59] – How to study demographics for determining lucrative areas for real estate syndication
- [06:16] – How to analyze income growth to zero in suitable target areas
- [06:40] – Home price growth is another important economic indicator for real estate syndicators
- [07:12] – Neal shares his [20:30:40] rule for determining cities and neighborhood suitable for real estate investing
- [08:20] – How economic indicators such as poverty levels and unemployment rates have a bearing on your real estate investing decisions
- [10:03] – Can you automate the decision making process in real estate syndication?
- [10:29] – It is really time consuming to analyze demographics? How often do you do it?
- [11:24] – Some great websites for studying demographics
- [13:30] – Neal suggests some great websites for researching and collating city based information for single family homes
- [16:19] – What advice would Neal give his younger self?
- [17:22] – Discussing the importance of active asset management in real estate syndication
- [19:00] – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Neal’s success?
- [20:19] – Great resources for driving communication and accountability in your organization
- [21:22] – Neal shares his contact information
- 22:14 – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How technology can help streamline property acquisition and management in real estate syndication
- How to analyze economic indicators to scout and buy value add properties for real estate syndication
- Why multifamily syndication allows for more efficient property management