Listen to Neal’s most recent podcast guesting, an interview with Whitney Sewell of The Real Estate Syndication Show
How to Hire and Manage Virtual Assistants
Neal, a second-time guest starts off this show by sharing his background information. We then transition to the main topic of today’s show. Neal gives us a peek into his hiring process, and shares how he manages to hire the best VA’s or Executive Assistants who will get the job done.
Which is the best platform to hire freelancers? What are some important criteria for hiring freelancers? And, how do you ensure that freelancers will work as per your requirements? You will learn how Neal uses Upwork, an outsourcing platform to hire VA’s. Neal also shares the different project management tools that he uses to manage the hundreds of tasks that he delegates to his VA’s.
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Investor Management Services (IMS) is the first and leading investor management software platform for CRE owners and private equity real estate firms who manage outside investors. With 400+ customers currently managing 50,000+ investors and more than $35 billion in equity on the platform, IMS will enable you to save time and resources, drive value, and improve the investor experience. Listeners will receive a 15% discount by using the link imscre.com/podcast. The IMS Platform – Productivity for You; Transparency For Your Investors.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Neal to listeners
- [01:48] – Neal shares his background information
- [03:05] – How did Neal find a unique niche within the real estate industry?
- [04:25] – Neal reveals how he hires Virtual Assistants and helps them evolve into Executive Assistants
- [06:17] – Which is the best platform for hiring Virtual Assistants?
- [06:50] – Why does Neal prefer hiring women over men?
- [07:25] – How to search and hire the best freelancers on Upwork
- [09:43] – Neal explains how he hires a freelancer with varied and relevant experience
- [11:16] – A detailed job description is key for hiring the right freelancer
- [12:15] – Neal gives us a “peek” into the interviewing process
- [13:19] – How to vet and hire the right freelancer for the job
- [15:00] – Common problems that you may encounter while hiring a VA
- [18:47] – Check out Investor Management Services (IMS) – the first and leading investor management software platform for CRE owners and private equity real estate firms
- [20:10] – Why does Neal prefer to hire freelancers through Upwork?
- [22:37] – When does Neal pay out bonuses to his employees?
- [25:10] – How does Neal keep a tab on output and drive overall efficiency?
- [26:54] – Which CRM does Neal use to manage his projects and employees?
- [30:19] – Understanding the many benefits of hiring a VA
- [31:08] – Which are the different tasks that Neal delegates to his VA’s?
- [38:51] – Neal shares his contact information
- [39:52] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to hire the best freelancers on Upwork
- Project Management Tools for managing employees and tasks
- Training Tips for long-term success