COVID-19 is the biggest news headline since 9/11. This virus has had and will continue to have massive effects on international markets for years to come.
In the meantime, what are real estate investors doing about their property? What are newbie investors doing about getting started? What are home buyers and sellers doing during this time of uncertainty? Is now the perfect time to buy real estate or is it time to hold out?
Today’s guest, Neal Bawa is a technologist who is universally known in real estate circles as the Mad Scientist of Multifamily. Besides being one of the most in-demand speakers in commercial real estate, Neal is a data guru, process freak and outsourcing expert. Neal treats his $250+ million-dollar portfolio as an ongoing experiment in efficiency and optimization.
On today’s show, Daray and Neal discuss the effects of the coronavirus in the 2020 real estate market. You’ll learn if and when to jump in and you’ll also understand the real effects, backed by data, of the different real estate asset classes as a whole.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How to use public city data to select your real estate investing market
- Bold prediction: Lower real estate prices for the next 1 to 2 quarters.
- Bold prediction: Buy Strip Malls for 50-60% off
- Neal prediction on the healthcare industry boom in the next 10 years (i.e medical office REITs)
- Worldwide forgiveness of all debt coming soon? (Debt Jubilee)