This episode’s guest is Neal Bawa. Neal is a technologist who is universally known in real estate circles as the Mad Scientist of Multifamily. Besides being one of the most in-demand speakers in commercial real estate, Neal is a data guru, a process freak, and an outsourcing expert. Neal treats his $265+ million-dollar multifamily portfolio as an ongoing experiment in efficiency and optimization. The Mad Scientist lives by two mantras. His first mantra is that We can only manage what we can measure. His second mantra is that Data beats gut feel by a million miles. These mantras and a dozen other disruptive beliefs drive profit for his 300+ investors.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why he did not have entrepreneurial ideas when he was younger and taking a risk in creating businesses as he got older [5:15]
- Catching the real estate investing bug [9:35]
- How Neal uses technology and data to 10x his real estate investments [11:04]
- Answering the question “What are the best cities in America to invest in and what are the best neighborhoods in those cities?” [18:20]
- Factors that make a real estate market good to invest in – what makes them the best cities to invest in real estate [20:12]
- Leveraging virtual assistants to 10X business [27:04]
- How this black swan event (COVID19) is more transformative than world war 2 [30:45]
- How Neal is investing in the time of COVID19 [34:03]
- How to learn more about Neal [37:50]
- Everyone should have some phase in their life where there is financial stress. Because I think that it truly builds character.
- The stress creates more opportunities than boom times.