Neal’s company uses cutting-edge, real estate analytics technology to source, acquire, and build large commercial properties across the US. Neal is an incredible educator with tons of content on his website. As you tune in, you’ll get valuable insights into what’s happening in the economy and real estate markets, we talk about interest rates, SOFRs, spreads, and the influence they have. Neal shares what they are focusing on in terms of product types and their predictions for cap rates, he also shares a harrowing death story from his real estate journey. For all this, and more, tune in now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Neal got the nickname The Mad Scientist.
- We dive into one of the big issues of today; Neal’s thoughts on the economy.
- Neal’s thoughts on the timing of how interest rate increases impact the economy.
- We talk about SOFRs and spreads and their impact.
- What is required for spreads to drop; what lenders need to watch for.
- Grocapitus’ perspective of making investments now; pencils up or down and why.
- Their predictions for cap rates.
- The product type they’re most focused on for the next 9 months.
- His thoughts on the Facebook/ Google layoffs (etc.,) as an indicator of something ominous ahead.
- A harrowing death story from Neal’s real estate journey; dealing with seemingly insurmountable challenges.
- Where Neal would invest a million dollars, outside of physical real estate.