Have you ever tried to raise capital by going to an event but got kinda stuck when you were there and didn’t quite know what to say or how to pull people into your deal…? If this sounds like something you’ve experienced then this week’s special guest Neal Bawa and I are here to help you to improve the situation and find some new confidence.
Neal Bawa is the Founder and CEO of Grocapitus Investments, a commercial real estate investment company. Neal sources negotiate and acquire commercial properties across the U.S. He is a sought-after speaker for Multifamily webinars, podcasts, events, IRA events & meetups across the country. Neal has a special knack for teaching and gets rave reviews for his presentations and training sessions.
1. Be intentional about every single action you take.
2. Don’t forget that your main goal is to RAISE CAPITAL. Don’t let other prerequisites get in the way (podcasts, books, events) and stop you from achieving your main goal.
3. 99% of business is about emotion and comfort. Investors are more likely to invest with someone they like and trust.
4. Make sure you have a CTA on your business cards. We want cards that state what we need out of the person we’re handing them too.
5. Create a business card that is different and catches attention… and don’t forget that you can use virtual business cards.
6. Pick meetups that have two main criteria:
1. A large number of people attending.
2. Meetups that allow “haves and wants”… so YOU can speak exclusively for one minute.
7. Tell the organizer of the event why their event is important for the community. This is better than simply thanking them and it will help them remember you.
8. Produce truthful content about yourself that will let investors know who you are as a person… don’t just write technical content that they already know about.